Tuesday, May 6, 2008

So Cal to Roanoke? What the...?


In 2004, I moved from Costa Mesa, California (near the beach) to Roanoke, Virginia (http://www.roanokecountyva.gov/) (not anywhere near a beach) without knowing anyone here, without ever having been here, and having no idea what it was like. I needed to shake things up a bit and I have always been crazy about change. I used the website: http://www.findyourspot.com/ to help me figure out where to live. So, to answer the common question of: "Why Roanoke?" I've decided to list what I love about Roanoke:

1) It's green! Check out the "TREES" picture on my home page. <---

2) My commute takes about 5 minutes, depending on how many of the 3 traffice signals I have to stop at.

3)Mill Mountain Star...especially at night.

4) Lots of cute critters (which sadly also equals lots of roadkill). My favorite is a big, fat groundhog.


For anyone who has been in the Pacific Ocean, you know the water is coooold! So I was pleasantly surprised when I went to this lake and the water was so warm. I had no idea!

More to come....










1 comment:

McB's said...

OK, this is so cool! Um, So Cal for that?? lol, looks pretty. I guess you can say the same to us for going to AZ. I'm so glad you have a blog now. here's mine so we can keep in touch :)

themcburneyplace.blogspot.com